Technology plays a central and transformative role in fashion ecommerce, reshaping the way consumers shop for clothing, accessories, and footwear, as well as how fashion businesses operate. Here are key aspects of the role of technology in fashion ecommerce
At the heart of this ecosystem lies the ecommerce platform, the virtual storefront where products are displayed and transactions take place. These platforms, like Shopify or Magento, provide the essential infrastructure for managing product catalogs, processing payments, and handling customer orders.
In this online course Mauro Lorenzutti, Chief Technology Officer at Webformat, explains the key components of the ecommerce technology ecosystem:
- Ecommerce platforms: How popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento work and what they do and don’t.
- Payment processors or Payment Service Providers allow merchants to accept payments from customers with Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Installement, Buy Now Pay Later BNPL. Popular payment processors include Stripe, PayPal, and Amazon Pay.
- Order Management Systems (OMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS): allow fashion brands to optimise stock and shipping, reduce cost of shipping, maximise sales with omnichannel stock and improve customer service.
- Marketing automation platforms: Marketing automation platforms help merchants automate their marketing tasks, such as email marketing, social media marketing, and customer relationship management (CRM). Popular marketing automation platforms include HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Klaviyo.
- Analytics platforms: Analytics platforms help merchants track and analyze their website traffic, sales, and other performance metrics. Popular analytics platforms include Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
In addition to these core components, the ecommerce technology ecosystem also includes a wide range of other technologies, such as Digital in-store Apps, Artificial Intelligence Chatbots, and fraud detection systems.
The course covers all the essential aspects of technology for fashion ecommerce.
The teachers are professionals with more than 20 years of experience in the Fashion & Luxury industry each.
The course is suitable for:
- CEO: As a CEO you will gain an understanding of the overall architecture that your company needs to run an ecommerce successfully. It will also provide you with a roadmap to structure your applications ecosystem from a simple architecture to a comprehensive ecosystem of applications interacting efficiently and delivering value for your company
- IT Manager/Director. If you have a clear vision of your company ERP and Legacy systems and you need to design a roadmap for growth and develop the ecommerce ecosystem, this course will provide you with a good undertsanding of your options and solutions to explore.
- Ecommerce Manager/Director. If you are responsible for the P&L of your company ecommerce and digital channels, this course will help you envisage the way forward to expand your digital business. The tools and the workflows described in this course will help you streamline your business process and data flow to optimise the performance of your ecommerce.